Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Glory of the Cross

This Hymn has been ringing in my ears for the past week or so.

When is survey the wondrous cross
On which the prince of glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

Forbid it, Lord, That I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ, my God;
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.

See, from his hands, his head, his feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were an offering far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

And this sermon Brings to light what it all really means.


For the original posting of this sermon you can go here
And for a great rendition of this hymn and a bit of history as well you can go here.
I hope you found something to survey in the cross. It is a Great and glorious thing that our God in heaven has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment