Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

The reason for the season

This Christmas I have been feeling distant from the typical feelings of nostalgia towards this season. I have felt little to no excitement over the typical baking fests and decorations. It is something I did more for the kids than for any feelings I had toward it. The only times I felt some connection to what this is all about was when I would do the advent calendar with my girls. Every item we would take out of it's pocket I would talk about what that item may remind us of. This was the one time when I would take the time to focus on this, the very reason for this season.



Today I listened to a sermon that reminded me of what is most important at this time. What our focus is to be. I knew this. I knew it in my mind but had forgotten at the same time. I allowed myself to become numb to what this is really all about.

Christ. His birth. His life of righteousness. His eventual death on the cross and resurrection. His birth points to who He is. His redemptive work.Why He came and what He did for us. In remembering this then worship will come. He is the reason for the season. I know many times this is said but It is more truth than any other thing that stated. He is the way the truth and the life, No man comes to the Father but by Him.

Here is the sermon that reminded me of this great and glorious truth.

And then I listened again to this Christmas concert put on by Grace community church.

I pray you all have a Merry rest of the Christmas Holidays and a Blessed new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment